OMG it's 2008
Just after my birthday I went on a little road trip to Perth with a couple of friends to see the red bull air race. It was a really good adventure. It is something I would not rush out and do again in a hurry, But it was something that given my time again I would do without hesitation.
The road trip was a long one, We drove 7100 Km, spent $1100 on 800 L of fuel. At one stage we were paying 60 cents/L above the city prices. No doubt It was a blessing to be driving a company car with included fuel.
Anyhoo, some of the highlights included;
- Driving 146 KM in a straight line , no corners!
- Driving along a 80 Km stretch of bush where every meter had 2ish broken glass bottles on the side of the road, Very sad!
- Driving for about 1000 KM through uncleared bush, It is amazing how much of Australia’s native forest is uncleared in WA.
- Being handed a brothel tour brochure, WTF!
- Seeing the red bull air race planes flying around, they are amazing!
- The usual road trip shenanigans.
- Abandoning may of the caravan parks around the place due to the fact that they were just dirt dustbowls off to the side o the road.
- Their crazy road rules, you can cross the road against one of thoes red dont walk things :-O
I’ll put pictures of my holiday up on the internet soon.
Oh yeah, I’m also now an Uncle, YAY!
My sister had a baby some 11 weeks ago, Its all cool, I don’t get to see them much and the baby is obviously all unresponsive. Last week it woke up one morning and discovered it had control over its hands. Sorry no pics for the internet :-)
Apart from that things have been relatively quite, I'm saving huge amounts of my take home salary to buy a new house, so I’ve kind of been light on money.(Sorry, but I have to keep on convincing myself that I'm doing the right thing, it can be so hard sometimes)