13 October 2005

I got a sack of mail today :-P

OMG, WOW!!

Today was strange. Now, I get mail from time to time, however today I got a sack of mail.. Yep, Big white bag about 1 meter high with a tag tied around it’s neck with my name and address on it.

I have never got a sack of mail before, So I thought I was extremely special.

This is where my story degrades though, in it was only one item, some books I ordered from Amazon for my brothers birthday. Yay, they turned up 2 weeks early :-)

Now, I also noticed that the item seams to have come from somewhere in Europe, my guess is Austria. Now, I ordered the books from the US, so why Austria? Well, I actually have had a couple of things sent to me from the US from many companies that seem to have used Austrian postal authority stamps or Austian customs declarations.

My theory is that it must be cheap to send mail between Austria and Australia because allot of mail probably goes between these countries as allot of people get Austria and Australia confused and therefore allot of mail items need to be redirected between these two countries. I like my theory anyway.

That’s enough from me for now, just thought I’d share my obscure day..

Cheerio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home