10 April 2005

Cutting Down

So, what has been happening lately??

Work this week has been busy. I have had lots of work to do, but I am enjoying this new type of work a allot!!

This weekend, my dad decided to cut down a couple of tees in our backyard. So after a small amount of time of him working outside by himself I went out to help him. It was fun being destructive… Now, I have to say, we were very unsafe… incidents we had included:

  • A branch coming down and sending a ladder flying sideways about 5 meters. If the ladder had hit anyone it would have been a definite trip to hospital.
  • A branch falling down, nearly knocking me off the shed roof (yep, you got it, I would have had to go to hospital), bending a gutter allot, then falling off the gutter and through our shed window. About 10 cm away from a TV, which was not damaged.
  • A branch falling down and nearly breaking the chainsaw we hired.
  • A branch falling down and landing on our pergola and breaking one of the beams.
  • A branch falling down onto our bird aviary and bending the roof, which we bent back.

Ohwell… so much damage... Luckily no one, including our pets were injured. The scary part is we have some more damage to do…sorry, I mean some more trees to cut down.. These trees to be cut down are out the front of our house, they are larger and closer to the house… I think we might have to be more careful in the future.

Other things of note… A treasured friend of mine, who I chat to allot, is interstate, so I will have lots of time to do stuff, however I would prefer to be chatting!!!!

I notice the crows won the showdown. I’m happy that they won, but I don’t really follow football these days.

Last week I downloaded a free copy of Office 2003 standard. This came form the same Microsoft web site that allowed me to download Visual Studio .Net 20003 for free.. What more is that all of this was fully legal. I’m happy about this.

This week I have a fair amount of uni work to do, I have to catch up on a couple of weeks worth of work on a subject I am doing externally, and therefore have been able to get a little behind.

My web site development has stalled heaps.. It will not be out for a while to come, however it will include a PowerPoint Template that will reflect the style of my website. I don’t know why on earth someone would use the template, or my site. Nevertheless the aim of my web site is to be fun, and I think I am achieving that for the reader and me as the creator!!

However, on that note, whether you on an interstate holiday, or are in a constant work sleep cycle, Embrace my web sites theme, even though it is not public yet, and have as much fun as possible!

Cheerio

1 Comments:

  • At 1:46 pm, Blogger catalienne said…

    man, u guys r what i call 'psycho' but it's fun to see the damage and i'm glad i'm not ur neighbour :P
    so since we can't chat owen since i'm in act, i guess you are obliged to do uni work and as a measure of verifying, I will request a summary of your workings whilst I'm away :P
    hehehhe jk - have fun ;) good blog btw ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home