07 December 2004

Hey

Hey, Not much has been happening in my life over the last couple of days.

I was very bord on Friday night so I decided to get in the car and drive to Murray Bridge. It was a fun drive at night, no one was around and this provided me with a lot of open space to think. I did notice that Bordertown was only 200 km away from Murray Bridge, so I almost kept on driving just so I could say I was in Victoria. My drive was at night and I had no decent camera to take a photo, so I decided against this, maybe another day. After consulting some maps, I have come to the conclusion that it may be faster to drive to Victoria through Pinnaroo, I’ll investigate this and maybe act upon it.

With regard to uni, yesterday I found out that that I have been officially accepted to transfer degrees. I have a meeting on Thursday to organise my transfer and enrolments.

I have now received all of my grades for this semester. I am very happy, it was my best semester so far. My marks are as follows:
Australian Politics and Economics - Credit
Distributed systems - High Distinction
Information systems Policy - Distinction
Information Systems Project - Distinction

I unfortunately had to do Australian Politics and economics, as my university has this stupid rule where everyone has to have a “broad knowledge”, and what better way to achieve this than to force all students to take 2 subjects out of their learning area. I think this is stupid, as they apply this on who teaches a course and not what the course content is about.

IMHO it would be better to achieve a broad knowledge by integrating broader applications of courses and course materials instead of attaching some knowledge hap-hazardley off of the side of a persons knowledge.

Cheerio

2 Comments:

  • At 1:44 am, Blogger reverendtimothy said…

    Well done on the grades - you're doing better than me!

    I'll have to come on one of these drives one day... Perhaps when you're next popping over to Vic I will join you. We can photos, an' have a picnic, an' post about it on our blogs! Huzzah! :-D

    Back to Management Acct study for me - the exam is in 7 hours :-S

     
  • At 3:14 pm, Blogger Ne-Wo said…

    Thanks Tim for your kind congratulations.

    I will keep you in mind for a trip over to Victoria hey.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home