06 July 2005

Manual Cars and Cookies

When I learnt to drive, I learnt how to drive in an automatic car. I learnt in an automatic as I did not have a manual car to learn in, and it is easier to learn how to drive in an automatic vehicle. As I was taking lessons, my mum and I decide it would best to drive in automatics to try to reduce the cost of learning to drive.

Now this does pose a problem, I do have manual cars that I can drive at my disposal at the moment, however I cannot drive them. In addition I have developed a whole heap of bad habits in driving that will make driving a manual car a little hard (Like breaking with both feet) If the automatic car I drive is being driven by someone else, I have no car I can drive (but there are cars that I cannot drive taunting me due to my lack of skills and their suitability to transport me)

So, today I addressed this issue. I do have to admit, I have been meaning to learn to drive a manual car for a year now.

SO, my mum took me out in her little 1 Litre, 3 cylinder car. I did manage to drive the car quite well. I did stall it a couple of times, change into the wrong gear, However all in all it went many times better than I expected. My only challenges now are reversing and hill starts (using the handbrake)

One other thing I did get up today was to try to make my own Subway White Chocolate Macadamia nut cookies, with the intent to make my own that would save me some money, give me a small challenge, and would provide a good method to get some cookies in the future when subway is closed. So a little Google search, and I had my recipe, a drive to the shops (in a manual car) and I had the ingredients, All I needed to do then was to make them.

I did succeed in making some nice tasting cookies. However, I did make less cookies than I could have got from subway from the money I spent on the ingredients to make the cookies. Now, numbers are nothing when size is different, however unfortunately this also did not go my way. Usually subway cookies are about palm size, well mine were about the size of the circle that is formed when touching thumb and index finger. I do have to admit that my cookies were higher, which with their small diameter made them rocks..

The Main difference between my cookies and the subway cookies is that my cookies had allot more chocolate and macadamia nuts than the subway ones (I would say about 5 times more). This did mean my cookies were verry rich and different to subway cookies, Although my favourite part of subway cookies is the not fully cooked cookie dough.

Anyhoo, I'm off to finish eating my cookies…

Cheerio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home