09 December 2004

The beginning of my BIS era

Yep it’s true, today I went into my university and started to organise my enrolment into my new degree.

I had a very early appointment with my "program" director, however since it's the holidays I managed to wake early after a late night without feeling tired. Fortunately the meeting went better than I expected it would, probably due to my high level of preparation.

2 fun things did happen.

1- One of the subjects I will take next year had this weird guy assigned to teach it. The program director did not know this, even though he is in charge of the subject. So after telling him this and embarrassing him (I think) he was a little more personable.

2 - The program director had published a brochure with deceptive details in it. During my meeting he had to make a phone call apologising for the details. After the phone call I informed him that the same misleading statement could be found in a pamphlet as well. After searching the pamphlet and finding the same incorrect statement he uttered the words "well fuck me dead". That’s one for the quotes page Tim???

Anyhow, I now have to select my elective subjects and when I want to do my studies. Unfortunately I have many obstacles in my enrolment, one is the fact that fees are doubling in my second year.

Oh well. Life sucks, but I’ll get over it :(

After my meeting I missed my bus home by 2 minutes. So instead of standing around the city meaninglessly waiting for my bus, I decided to catch a bus and walk a couple of KM to my home. Apart from my joints hurting I felt very good for this exercise.

Anyhoo, have fun, Cheerio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home