28 July 2005

Holidays Over

Hi. My holidays are over… Unfortunately they were not the “package of excitement” that I would have hoped for, but they were reasonable. In the end, they were what I made them to be :-P

Some cool stuff did occur in my holidays, My dad got a new work car (A Holden instead of a crappy ford), which I drove when it had only 38 km on the odometer, and on the other driving front can now drive my mothers manual car really well.

However the holidays were quite tedious, they were so boring in fact that last week I went for a meaningless drive, I was going to drive to the town “Owen” to purchase some flue for my dads car, but It was just a tad to far for me to drive late at night (if I had decided to drive there at the start of my drive, I would have driven there, but 2 hours into the meaningless drive was not a good time to make a decision on where to drive..)

Now, I did have some anxiousness during my holidays, partly due to my experiences with my recently purchased $200 KVM switch breaking. One phone call and without any checking of serial numbers, or following fault finding instructions I was sent a brand new switch. Now, this all turned out well, however after 20 minutes of using my KVM switch I managed to break the new one :- Oh well.. After another phone call and a helpful technician they helped me fix the firmware (which I had tried to flash :-# shhhhh)

I also discovered Google maps (and earth), which is an amazing service. It contains high resolution pictures of the earth surface (1 pixel to 0.7 m ), so you can see a car in my driveway if you know what you are looking for. However so many places are just out of range of the high resolution imagery and are limited to a reasonable resolution (you can just make out streets and houses are present, but you could not make out a specific house)

Although I did make a trip down to Seaview Aquariums to so some friends their range of fish & aquarium related stuff. Now, I was making a gamble taking them there as I have not been there for about 6 years, but the gamble paid off amazingly well, it has improved and I was amazed! (I am usually not amazed these days as I have grown up and things seem so much smaller and less spectacular)

Last week (which happened to be my last week of holidays) I spent a whole heap of time in at uni. I went in one day to enrol in some classes (I have to get forms signed to enrol in classes as my university don’t like me) I then went to uni again to go to a meeting at 8am in the city, unlike my normal character I turned up a day early, so that meant another trip into the city the next morning. My 4th trip into uni was to get one last form sighed to enrol in a subject which had just opened up.

I Got 2 marks for my uni studies so far. I have to say I had a very mixed bag, One was a HD (yay!!!) and one was a P2 (pass between 50 and 55%, My uni University are so nice, they have passes where you should really fail)

Over the least couple of days I have shopped for and bought a new TV for myself, It looks cool, and has a brilliant image :-) I'm happy, I probably spent more on it that I should have, but I did not spend any money that I did not have, and I watch a lot of TV, so I put it as a good buy.

Anyway, this Thursday is the start of my studies this semester. I would usually have lecturers on Monday and Wednesday, but my lecturer was caught in China with some work he had to attend to or something like that.

Oh well, Just boring old uni for me this semester..

Cheerio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home