29 November 2005

End of November Update

HI

So how are things I guess you are asking, why else would you be here? Hmmm, well things are average like normal, it has been a little bit better over the past couple of days, but into the future who knows…

Today I do not feel like a continuous prose, but have to say some things of note that have happened, so here they are in note form:

  • I attended the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 & SQL server 2005 launch in Adelaide at the Hilton hotel. The event was not as good as I was expecting it, but then again I was expecting it to be like the worldwide launch which would have had more effort placed into producing it. But hey, Microsoft provided me with a free lunch :-)

  • I managed to find a Microsoft website that allowed me to download Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition and SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition as I am a student. Therefore I now have these 2 nice products, I have been experimenting with them a little. I am a Geek.

  • Last Friday a group of my friends at Uni just had their final presentations and therefore marking the completion of their degrees. Proceeding this we went into the city to celebrated the occasion. I had never got as drunk in public as I did this night, and still I think I managed to have a good time without embarrassing myself too much. I did learn a couple of things from the night, and in my intoxicated state observed the behavior of others in such a state. Without going into details in order to protect others, I will no doubt ponder over my observations for some time, but I did have a good time!

  • A couple of friends from uni and I went to the StKilda Playground as some of us had never been there, and others had not been there fore a while (I think we organized this whilst a couple of us had some drinks, so that may explain why a group of people in their 20s and 30s went to a playground for a day out). I was the only one to get a playground injury, a cut/abrasion on my back, although a couple of us got badly sun burnt, ouch! This was also fun!

  • I am starting work this week in a large multinational IT consulting company in the city. This is kind of scary, but it will be interesting to see how things pan out, hopefully I will be able to perform to their standards, I’m kind of scared.

  • I recently completed my coursework for my last semester at uni for this year. Hopefully I did well, I think I’ll be aiming for a couple of credits.

  • In the 2 exams I had just recently I observed a some of mishaps, these included:

    • Multiple Students reading exam books before they were allowed to in clear sight of supervisors who did not do anything,

    • A students mobile phone ringing in an exam 5 minutes after being told that we are were not allowed to have mobile phones, that we could had them up when they were giving the warning without penalty, and that the supervisors might conduct random searches for mobiles,

    • a Lecturer mumbling an exam correction to an error in their exam over the loudspeaker whilst I was trying to do my exam for a separate subject (The other subject had over 400 so you would think they would get it correct)

    • And finally one student who had some writing on a pencil case which the supervisors picked up on and discussed at length in front of me whilst I was trying to do an exam.

  • I have recently installed windows server 2003 on my laptop to be extra geekey, however after multiple driver issues and issues with power management I decided I had to go back to windows XP, sad hey.

  • I saw some road workers removing line markings on the road with flamethrowers when I was driving along at 3 am in the morning. This was an impressive sight, I should have taken a photo, I had my camera with me, but I thought the road workers may not have appreciated photos.

I cannot think of much else of noteworthiness to put on my blog for now so I might as well depart. I will include some photos pertaining to the above, but not right now.

7 Comments:

  • At 10:02 am, Blogger Bob said…

    Hey Newo, you should be a writer. Your blog is so much more fun than Owen in his 'live version' :)

     
  • At 12:55 pm, Blogger Ms Smack said…

    owen.

    Do you prefer my NEW template?

    honeysmack

     
  • At 7:24 pm, Blogger Ne-Wo said…

    BoB:
    Hehe, thanks I guess... Yeah, I am kind of introverted in public, so that may explain my improvement in text, Also rewriting each entry 5 times over may help this.

    Oh, BTW, My blog may present a chance for you to ask me hard questions in public to repay me for all the hard ones I asked at uni :-P


    Honeysmack:
    LOL, How do you know if I read your blog?? Well I do :-P

    Yes, your new blog template is very nice, modern infact! This is unlike my template where I have managed to move its style back in time to the 90’s, not so good... The only thing I can be critical about your template; On your blog I find the text area where entries go to be very narrow, it would be nice if it could be wider, but that might be too hard to achieve, and it’s just small issue.

    Ohh, another possible improvement, Maybe you could change the eyes to a back and white artistic set of eyes, ie http://ne-wo.com/hse.jpg (i’ll remove that from the net soon, just keeping it up long enough for you to catch a look at it), but then again I do not have an artistic bone in my body, so what would i know. Anyhoo, your blog’s content is what counts the most! And your content is most interesting.

    OK.... after re-reading your question, and after realizing I totally skated around it, the answer, yes I do prefer your template over your old one allot. Ohwell, that is it from me I think, Keep up the effort on your blog.

    Ne-Wo

     
  • At 8:01 pm, Blogger Ms Smack said…

    hi Owen

    thanks for the feedback about my little one, and the template. I've stolen the creation you made and will pop it onto my profile soon :)

    If you read my blog, how come you dont comment?

    chikken?

     
  • At 9:06 pm, Blogger Ne-Wo said…

    HS, My pleasure. You provide an entertaining blog and your nice to reverendtimothy, so the least I can do is help you out as I did.

    Yeah I am chicken...

    In reality I’m just trying to not annoy people, I swap between extremes of introversion and extraversion. So by restarining myself from commenting I believe I’m protecting innocent people from being spooked by my extreme extraversion and analytical tendencies that allow me to deduct crazy amounts / pieces of information. For example, I think just coming out with the feedback about your little one could be seen as spooky.

    I comment on the blogs of people who know me as they will be able to read between the lines and put a face to the words, they wont get spooked out :-)

    Maybe this protection is just my introverted side, I'm not as bad I’m making myself to sound like, just being super careful...

    Ohwell, I’ll try to comment on your blog in the future without being scary.

    Ne-Wo

     
  • At 8:34 pm, Blogger Ms Smack said…

    Why dont you let me decide if you're a freak/spooky/over-analytical by your post?

    Seems you're the judge, jury and executioner all by yourself, before you've even done anything...

    :)

     
  • At 10:14 pm, Blogger Ne-Wo said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home