29 December 2005

Cheerio 2005, Howdy 2006.

Well its that time of year again, the end. This blog entry has been in the making for a week or so, I thought I’d give a little recap of my trip through life this year, and maybe give a sneak peak for next years expedition :-P

Uni this year has been hard, originally It looked to be my savour, how wrong I was. In the past week I came up with the theory that my studies have started to become an exercise geared for me to assist the education the third world, rather than to expand my own knowledge. It has had its ups and downs, I guess I have learnt some stuff. I did have one highlight, I celebrated my undergraduate graduation, which I place more value on than my postgraduate education.

Travel wise, well, I learnt how to drive a manual car this year. I also had a nice little trip to Mount Gambier for a couple of days. Looking back, the trip provided me with what were probably the last consecutive days that I enjoyed, they seem so far away! I also went to see my friend Ian’s new house at Port Pirie, that was nice too.

Work wise I have not managed to start real full time work yet. However I have managed to spend about 5 months in the IT industry, which has been a good experience. The majority of which was spent in government siting behind a desk twiddling my thumbs (not enjoyable). But where I am working at the moment is nice, it provides me with lots of work and keeps me busy enough not to have my mind on other things.

Personally, this year I had my closest relationship I’ve ever had with a girl (even though it went nowhere) I really enjoyed what I had! Things were really good, but due to outside commitments, things went slow and I managed to make things go sour. Woops! This has provided me with so many regrets about things I did.

I went to a few 21st birthdays this year, some were very good, some were average, but they were all unique and enjoyable in their own ways. Hey, I just realised, Tim never had his 21st, what a shame, maybe he is going to have a 22nd in 2006?

This year I lost my dog whom I have shared two thirds of my life. This was a huge upset for me (I even now shed a tear when I think about him), adjusting to life without him was hard, it came at a time when I needed him, I was having other issues and without him I had lost that unconditional love that I could always rely upon from my dog.

Material wise I managed to get some cool geek gadgets this year, I’m happy with what I have got this year and am not rally looking to get much more. However, I somewhat suspect I was trying to fill holes in my emotions with these items, which they were not successful at. Hopefully I will be able to enjoy them in the future.

I think all in all, this year started of hard, in an exhausting way, and became and ended hard, in an emotional way.

Am I happy to see the end of 2005? Hmm, well maybe yes; this year has not been one big constant enjoyment, but I don’t know if next year will be any better. I think 2005 just opened my eyes to the reality of life and to who I am. I have some important decisions next year that will shape the rest of my life. I’m not sure whatsoever in what I should do, all I have managed to develop this year are questions and issues, not answers and solutions.

But looking on the positive side, my sister gets married in January, so the big events in my life will be starting early in the year. I should also finish my masters and therefore finish up with my education (In the first half of the year if I push things, or in the last half if I take things slowly.)

So, I thought an honour role to the people who provided me with happiness (a couple of these people also provided me with issues, but they did provide me with enough happiness that I think they deserve a mention), I just wanted to keep this small so I have missed some people, but thanks to everyone for visiting my blog and for those people who shared their time with me this year.

Tim; Thanks for constantly "pulling me out of my shell" and being a good friend.
Cat; Thanks for all those long chats we had.
Khun; Thanks for always being there.
Ian; Thanks for always catching up when you come down to Adelaide.
Mum; Thanks for putting up with me and for all your support.
And finally, Heinie; Thanks so much for being there for the majority of my life, I will never forget you!

Cheerio 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home